Thursday, June 6, 2013

What's Next (54)



I am so excited to be participating in a new meme every Thursday hosted  by Iceybooks, this meme is designed to help us bloggers get some help from our reader's on what to read next, so every week I will post 3 books that I am trying to decide between and you guys can vote on which one you think that I should read next. Cast your vote through the poll at the bottom of this post.

Happy Reading!
Kristin

 My 3 choices for this week are:


Asylum By: Madeleine Roux
Goodreads Summary:

  Asylum is a thrilling and creepy photo-novel perfect for fans of the New York Times bestseller Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.

For sixteen-year-old Dan Crawford, New Hampshire College Prep is more than a summer program--it's a lifeline. An outcast at his high school, Dan is excited to finally make some friends in his last summer before college. But when he arrives at the program, Dan learns that his dorm for the summer used to be a sanatorium, more commonly known as an asylum. And not just any asylum--a last resort for the criminally insane.

As Dan and his new friends, Abby and Jordan, explore the hidden recesses of their creepy summer home, they soon discover it's no coincidence that the three of them ended up here. Because the asylum holds the key to a terrifying past. And there are some secrets that refuse to stay buried.

Featuring found photos of unsettling history and real abandoned asylums and filled with chilling mystery and page-turning suspense, Madeleine Roux's teen debut, Asylum, is a horror story that treads the line between genius and insanity.



This Song Will Save Your Life By: Leila Sales

Goodreads Summary:


Making friends has never been Elise Dembowski’s strong suit. All throughout her life, she’s been the butt of every joke and the outsider in every conversation. When a final attempt at popularity fails, Elise nearly gives up. Then she stumbles upon a warehouse party where she meets Vicky, a girl in a band who accepts her; Char, a cute, yet mysterious disc jockey; Pippa, a carefree spirit from England; and most importantly, a love for DJing.

Told in a refreshingly genuine and laugh-out-loud funny voice, THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE is an exuberant novel about identity, friendship, and the power of music to bring people together.








Tumble and Fall By: Alexander Coonts
Goodreads Summary:

 Making friends has never been Elise Dembowski’s strong suit. All throughout her life, she’s been the butt of every joke and the outsider in every conversation. When a final attempt at popularity fails, Elise nearly gives up. Then she stumbles upon a warehouse party where she meets Vicky, a girl in a band who accepts her; Char, a cute, yet mysterious disc jockey; Pippa, a carefree spirit from England; and most importantly, a love for DJing.

Told in a refreshingly genuine and laugh-out-loud funny voice, THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE is an exuberant novel about identity, friendship, and the power of music to bring people together


 

6 comments:

  1. Not sure when all of these are released but Tumble and Fall is the one I'm most anticipating so I'll go with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a toughie but ultimately I went with Tumble and Fall. Although I definitely vote for reading Asylum afterword.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Cover for Tumble & Fall, and the story sounds interesting too. I'm totally going for that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The summary that you put for Tumble and Fall is the same one for This Song Will Save Your Life. I vote for Asylum. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. As mentioned by others, you posted the summary for This Song Will Save Your Life twice and didn't post the correct one for Tumble and Fall so I went to B&N to read the correct book review. I chose Asylum as I think it sounds really interesting, but This Song came in a very close second for me. I'd love to hear what you think when you finish reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not heard of Asylum, but I do love books featuring photographs. I plan on reading the other two myself soon. They all sound great, though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...