Saturday, June 14, 2014

Review: The One By: Kiera Cass


Title: The One (The Selection #3)
Author: Kiera Cass
Published: May 6th, 2014
Source: Bought
My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars!
Goodreads Summary:
The highly anticipated conclusion to Kiera Cass's #1 New York Timesbestselling Selection series, The One will captivate readers who love dystopian YA fiction and fairy tales. The One is the perfect finale for fans who have followed America's whirlwind romance since it began--and a swoon-worthy read for teens who have devoured Veronica Roth'sDivergent, Ally Condie's Matched, or Lauren Oliver's Delirium.
The Selection changed America Singer's life in ways she never could have imagined. Since she entered the competition to become the next princess of Illéa, America has struggled with her feelings for her first love, Aspen--and her growing attraction to Prince Maxon. Now she's made her choice . . . and she's prepared to fight for the future she wants.
Find out who America will choose in The One, the enchanting, beautifully romantic third book in the Selection series!
My Thoughts:

The One was one of my most anticpated reads of this year, I don’t know what I was expecting and it was a great conclusion and I really enjoyed it but, for some reason I couldn’t give it that fifth star. I wanted something else a little bit more their wasn’t any real surprises or anything that I wanted to make me so excited about this ending. It was just what I wanted and not at the same time.

I don’t want to give any spoilers away but, I will say that America and Maxon did frustrate me a bit in this one. As much as I have loved the series I grew tired of the back and forth between the two of them and after the first two books I was ready for it to be resolved and something more to happen and it was dragged out just a bit too long.

I was a little surprised at where the plot of this last book went, it expanded a little but, not enough I wanted more, I wished we could have found out more about what was going on in the last book throughout the series more and it wasn’t so focused on just the girls. I was glad that we got to expand a bit and remind us that the entire series isn’t just about the girls of the selection that their was more at stake.


Overall, The One was exactly what I was hoping it would be and not enough at the same time. I will say that I was so sad to see it end and I wanted more, I can’t wait to see what Kiera Cass writes next I am a big fan!

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I really need to step up my game and finish the Elite. The covers for this series are absolutely gorgeous. And I totally understand what you mean about the back and forth between American and Maxon getting tiresome, I completely empathize with you on that one. Glad you enjoyed it, makes me hopeful for when its finally time for me to read this one (:

    Courtney @ Storybook Slayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your review of it! I really can't wait to read this one, as I've already finished The Selection and The Elite. I've been hearing a lot of mixed reviews about the third book (but thankfully haven't run into any spoilers yet!) I am glad you enjoyed the book. I agree with you that I'm a big fan of Kiera Cass after reading this trilogy! (The first two books of it at least)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...