Saturday, August 18, 2012

Rapture (Fallen #4) By: Lauren Kate



Title: Rapture (Fallen #4)
Author: Lauren Kate
Published:  June 12, 2012
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary:

The sky is dark with wings . . . .

Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.

Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.

For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.

My Thoughts:

Throughout each of the books in the fallen series I have had a love and hate relationship with our main character Luce. In this book and the one before it I loved her so much more whereas in the first two books I had more of a hate relationship. In the beginning of the series I felt like Luce could be whiney and annoying and it seemed like she was always complaining about her and Daniel and whether or not he loved her. But, in these last two books I felt like she really began to mature and was finally taking an active and brave role in her whole life and I felt that she was at her best in Rapture.

Daniel, Luce, and all the other fallen angels are on a mission to stop Lucifer from erasing history, they need to find out where the Fall happened and they need to get there before Lucifer does, to defeat him. This book was full of action and secrets finally being revealed and some surprises along the way that even I wasn't expecting.
Although I have never really been a huge fan of Luce, I have always loved the story of Daniel and Luce's relationship, I mean what girl wouldn't love to know that you have a soul mate that has stayed with you for thousands of years and has always found you in your new life, no matter who you were or what you looked like. It's one of the main things that kept me reading this series was my interest in Daniel and Luce and the curse that was put on them.  Throughout this book Luce finally becomes the main character who embraces her destiny and finds out who she is, I won't ruin the surprise but, I definitely did not see some of the things we find about Luce coming, it definitely made the story more interesting to read!

Overall, I really enjoyed this final chapter into the story of Luce and Daniel, I liked that it was only four books and it didn't drag the story on too long, the ending was a good one I felt and it even got me a little teary eyed as I was reading it. I am glad I continued the series onto the end because after closing the book I felt like I had been on a journey too, Luce's companion through everything she had learned about herself and her soul. If you have enjoyed the Fallen series at all then I really think you will enjoy finding out what is to become of the amazing characters that Lauren Kate has created!

Happy Reading!
Kristin

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am a new follower, I can't wait to read this book! I'd love a follow back at http://endlessdaysofbooks.blogspot.com/

    Candace

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...