Thursday, August 30, 2012

What's Next (14)



I am so excited to be participating in a new meme every Thursday hosted  by Iceybooks, this meme is designed to help us bloggers get some help from our reader's on what to read next, so every week I will post 3 books that I am trying to decide between and you guys can vote on which one you think that I should read next. Cast your vote through the poll at the bottom of this post.

Happy Reading!
Kristin

 My 3 choices for this week are:

 Specials (Uglies #3) By: Scott Westerfeld
Goodreads Summary:


The words have sent chills down Tally's spine since her days as a repellent, rebellious ugly. Back then Specials were a sinister rumor -- frighteningly beautiful, dangerously strong, breathtakingly fast. Ordinary pretties might live their whole lives without meeting a Special. But Tally's never been ordinary.
And now she's been turned into one of them: a superamped fighting machine, engineered to keep the uglies down and the pretties stupid.
The strength, the speed, and the clarity and focus of her thinking feel better than anything Tally can remember. Most of the time. One tiny corner of her heart still remembers something more.
Still, it's easy to tune that out -- until Tally's offered a chance to stamp out the rebels of the New Smoke permanently. It all comes down to one last choice: listen to that tiny, faint heartbeat, or carry out the mission she's programmed to complete. Either way, Tally's world will never be the same.

                              The Goddess Legacy (The Goddess Test #2.5)
                              By: Aimee Carter
                              Goodreads Summary:
                              
                                For millennia we've caught only glimpses of the lives and loves of the gods and goddesses on Olympus. Now Aimée Carter pulls back the curtain on how they became the powerful, petty, loving and dangerous immortals that Kate Winters knows.Calliope/Hera represented constancy and yet had a husband who never matched her faithfulness….

Ava/Aphrodite was the goddess of love and yet commitment was a totally different deal….

Persephone was urged to marry one man, yet longed for another….

James/Hermes loved to make trouble for others#151;but never knew true loss before….

Henry/Hades's solitary existence had grown too wearisome to continue. But meeting Kate Winters gave him a new hope…. 



Shatter Me (Shatter Me #1) By: Tahereh Mafi
Goodreads Summary:

 Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war– and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.


 


                             


What Should I Read Next?
Specials
The Goddess Legacy
Shatter Me
Create your own poll

11 comments:

  1. I voted for Specials.

    Thanks for voting on mine :)

    Happy reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Specials was good if you like the others in that series. Shatter me is my vote, though. I keep hearing the title and I'm susceptible to marketing. The concept of the "no touch" girl is really popular right now and I've seen it in several books. Obviously Rogue from X men did it first lol. Here's Ours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shatter Me was awesome. So it gets my vote.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3721

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted for The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter. I haven't read it yet, but it's on my TBR shelf.

    Here's my What's Next? post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked The Goddess Legacy since it's a collection of short stories-I often find I can read that faster than a regular novel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picked The Goddess Legacy -- I haven't read it, but my co-blogger read it and loved it.

    Here's my What's Next post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely gonna go with Shatter Me.. Although Goddess Legacy takes a really close second! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote for Shatter Me :)

    Allison @ Good Books and Good Wine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I voted for Shatter Me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have to go with Shatter Me..literally amazing! :)

    Mine: http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2012/08/whats-next-2.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...