Sunday, October 6, 2013

Review: Anna and The French Kiss By: Stephanie Perkins


Title: Anna and The French Kiss (Anna and The French Kiss #1)
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Published : December 2nd, 2010
Source: Bought
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!
Buy The Book: Amazon/Barnes and Noble
Goodreads Summary:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. 

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

My Thoughts:

 I was soo excited to be starting this book, it is one of the most beloved YA contemporaries around and I can completely see why I absolutely loved this one. Perkin's writing made me smile page after page and time just flew by as I read and I didn't want this one to ever end. I this was one of those few books that I was disappointed when  it ended I wanted to read about Anna and St. Clair forever. I can't wait to read  Lola and The Boy Next Door and Stephanie Perkins is definitely now on my auto-buy book.

It is finally Anna's senior year and instead of spending it with her friends in Georgia her cancer tragedy author father is convinced to give her some  culture by sending her to the School of America in Paris.  But, as Anna spends the year in Paris making friends and falling in love she finds out that her dad gave her the best thing she could of ever asked for.

I loved Anna's character she was so easy to relate to and I loved being in her head. She loves movies and her dream is to become a movie critic. She has her own blog which she posts movie reviews  and I definitely related with that aspect only with books.
Now onto Anna's love interest St. Clair or Etienne, aah I was in love with this boy from the very start!  First of all he is British and  I love imagining his accent and how he looked he was one of the first people who became friends with Anna and really helped her adjust to Paris. Unfortunately he was taken but,  they settled for becoming best friends but, you could feel the chemistry building between the two of them and I loved reading every second of it.


Overall, I loved this book and Perkin's writing, it was just a feel good read and the perfect mix of romance without being too cheesy. I definitely cannot wait to continue reading more books from Perkins and I  am so glad I finally read one of her books because I now understand why everyone loves her books.           

Want some more thoughts On Anna and The French Kiss? Check out the links below!

Rainy Day Reads                                      

2 comments:

  1. Glad you loved it! I don't think I've ever seen a negative review of this book on one of the blogs I follow. I loved it too!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful review. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for also motivating me to pick this up asap :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...