Saturday, September 8, 2012

Review: Reunited By: Hillary Weisman Graham



Title: Reunited
Author: Hillary Weisman Graham
Published: June 12, 2012
My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary:

1 Concert
2000 Miles
3 Ex-Best Friends

Alice, Summer, and Tiernan are ex-best friends.

Back in middle school, the three girls were inseparable. They were also the number one fans of the rock band Level3.

But when the band broke up, so did their friendship. Summer ran with the popular crowd, Tiernan was a rebellious wild-child, and Alice spent high school with her nose buried in books.

Now, just as the girls are about to graduate, Level3 announces a one-time-only reunion show.

Even though the concert’s 2000 miles away, Alice buys three tickets on impulse. And as it turns out, Summer and Tiernan have their own reasons for wanting to get out of town. Good thing Alice’s graduation gift (a pea-green 1976 VW camper van known as the Pea Pod) is just the vehicle to get them there.

But on the long drive cross-country, the girls hit more than a few bumps in the road. Will their friendship get an encore or is the show really over?

My Thoughts:

I really enjoyed reading Reunited, it was just one of those books that made you feel good, when I was finished and I closed it, I definitely had a smile on my face. I loved the plot for this one, when I was younger I was probably one of the hugest fans of the boy band Nsync, I saw them in concert more times then I will admit lol, and I know that if they ever had a reunion concert, I would totally want to be there. 

Alice, Tiernan, and Summer, used to be best friends until their freshman year in high school they all had a huge fight and went their separate ways. They were obsessed with the band Level3 , after their high school graduation, Alice see's on MTV that they are doing a one night only reunion concert in Austin, Texas. On a whim she buys 3 tickets for her and her 3 ex-best friends hoping she can convince them to come along. Surprisingly enough each of the girls agrees to go on this trip. They are driving across the country from Massachusetts in an old VW bus that is bright green that they lovingly call the Pea Pod, which growing up was their secret Level# clubhouse. As with any road trip so many adventures lie ahead for them along the way.

I loved our three main characters so much, they each had their stereotypical labels. Alice was the smart one, Tiernan the rebellious one, and Summer the pretty and popular one. but, they each were so much more then what their labels seem to be and you really got to see why each girl seemed to be the way they were and that they were so much more than that. You go to see why Tiernan was rebellious and what led her to act the way she did, why Alice was such an overachiever, and why Summer loved being popular. I loved that by the end of the book you really felt like you knew each girl as an individual and why they all became friends in the first place.

Overall, this was just a fun and feel good book, it wasn't too heavy and it wasn't to light either, it was right in the middle, which made it such a nice read. If you enjoy books like Amy and Roger's Epic Detour and contemporary reads then, this book is right up your alley!

Happy Reading!
Kristin

1 comment:

  1. I have an ARC of this that I need to get to -- it sounds like a really fun book. I love road trip books and books about bands!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...