Saturday, September 14, 2013

Review: Insurgent (Divergent #2) By: Veronica Roth


Title: Insurgent (Divergent #2)
Author : Veronica Roth                               
Published: May 1st, 2012
Buy The Book: Amazon/Barnes and Noble
Source : Bought
My Rating: 5 out of  5 stars!
Goodreads Summary:
One choice can transform you, or destroy you.

Every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves, and herself, while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

My Thoughts:

I made myself wait forever to finally read Insurgent, I didn't wait because I didn't want to read it, I waited so that by the time that Allegiant came out I would be ready for it and the story would be more fresh in my mind. Insurgent was so good just like Divergent but, there was times that I felt a few minor disappointments but, overall Insurgent was everything I was hoping it would be and more.

I was really looking forward to getting to see Tris and Four's relationship grow in Insurgent and in my opinion it didn't. Now I am all for  not having a plot built around a romance but, I felt like their relationship didn't get to progress at all because every time they got to be together everything was focused on the aftermath at the end of Divergent.

I was a bit surprised with how Tris's character changed and grew with everything that happened in Divergent.  Tris became really reckless with her life and at times it felt like she really didn't care all that much anymore and was willing to throw herself into nay situation without even thinking about  what the consequences could be.

Four is one of my favorite book boyfriends and whenever I picture him in my head I picture a guy who is strong and stoic, he seems so serious all of the time although in Insurgent their really wasn't much time for any of the characters to take a break and let us see the lighter side to  their personalities. But, I wanted more  Four, I felt like him and Tris spent a lot of time apart and I really hope that this changes in the final book because that is one of the main things that I really want to see from Allegiant.


Overall, I felt like Insurgent kept leading up to something very interesting which when you find out what it is, it wasn't a huge surprise for me and I cannot wait for Allegiant to find out how the trilogy ends. 

Want some more thoughts on Insurgent? 


1 comment:

  1. I really liked the way Insurgent ended too-I was a bit bored for the first 250 pages or so but the ending was really great to my mind and got me excited for Allegiant too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...