Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books that I would Give To Someone Who Has Never Read The Dystopian Genre



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this week's topic is Top Ten books I would give to someone who hasn't read the dystopian genre. 

1. Divergent Trilogy By: Veronica Roth

I think that this series is a great introduction to dystopia, it's not to heavy and it's fast paced and exciting, definitely one of my favorites. 


















2. The Hunger Games Trilogy By: Suzanne Young

Another of my all time favorites, the movies have done a great job of promoting the series and they are done very well as adaptations in my opinion but, I think the series is really well done and shows that YA is not all vampires and Twilight. 













3. Delirum Trilogy By: Lauren Oliver

I loved the whole concept of this trilogy and it was done well and I really enjoyed it. 



















4. The Chemical Garden Trilogy By: Lauren Destefano 

I love Lauren's writing so much and this series was so good, I definitely recommend it for anyone to read if they enjoy dystopia. 
















5. The Lunar Chronicles By: Marissa Meyer

While this one is more of a mixture of sci fi and dystopia it's one that I could not leave off this list! 

















6. This Is Not A Test By: Courtney Summers

While I haven't posted my review of this one, it is not your typical dystopia, it was haunting and it is a stand alone which I really enjoyed, it definitely got under my skin. 

















7. The Program By: Suzanne Young

I have yet to read the sequel but, this one was one of my favorite books that I have read this year. It was everything a good dystopian should be and everyone needs to read it!















































3 comments:

  1. I have only read one of these series (Divergent). I've only gotten seriously into young adult this year. So I'm busy playing catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Divergent! Loved that trilogy!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the Divergent and Hunger Games trilogies!! I've also been wanting to read The Chemical Garden and The Lunar Chronicles, I'll have to check the other ones you're mentioning :)

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...