Sunday, February 17, 2013

Review: Onyx (Lux #2) By: Jennifer L. Armerntrout


Title: Onyx (Lux #2)
Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Published: August 14th, 2012
Goodreads Summary:
Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies.

My Thoughts:

I loved Onyx so much more than Obsidian I have to admit, I was ready for Daemon and Katy to stop dancing around each other and get to the romance. Although I do have to applaud Katy because at times I don't think I would have been able to resist Daemon scratch that, I know if I was her there would be no way I would be resisting at all. 

Katy is coming to terms with her and Daemon's connection and trying to figure out what is going on between the two of them. The DOD is in town and keeping Katy a secret from them is an absolute must. That is until the new boy moves to town, Blake. He is immediately all over Katy and Daemon has bad feelings about him, and not just because he thinks that Blake wants to date her. Full of all of the awesomeness that is a JLA book, Onyx had me up all night and reading all day long when I should have been living my life. 

This sounds so horrible but, I read all three of these books in a matter of days and because of this issue I am having a hard time remembering what happened in which book lol. I was kind of frustrated with Katy in this one only because she didn't listen to Daemon from the beginning when he said that he got a  bad vibe from Blake because I did also. But, I loved that Katy didn't just give herself up to Daemon once he was finally interested in her.

Overall, if you loved Obsidian then you will love Onyx even more! Steamier and full of action, and alien hotness JLA is definitely going on my autobuy list!

Want some other bloggers thoughts on Onyx? Check out the links below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...