Friday, February 8, 2013

Review: Through The Ever Night (Under The Never Sky #2)



Title: Through The Ever Night (Under The Never Sky #2)
Author: Veronica Rossi
Published:  January 8th, 2013
My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars!
Goodreads Summary:

It's been months since Aria last saw Perry. Months since Perry was named Blood Lord of the Tides, and Aria was charged with an impossible mission. Now, finally, they are about to be reunited. But their reunion is far from perfect. The Tides don't take kindly to Aria, a former Dweller. And with the worsening Aether storms threatening the tribe's precarious existence, Aria begins to fear that leaving Perry behind might be the only way to save them both.

Threatened by false friends, hidden enemies, and powerful temptations, Aria and Perry wonder, Can their love survive through the ever night?

In this second book in her spellbinding Under the Never Sky trilogy, Veronica Rossi combines fantasy and dystopian elements to create a captivating love story as perilous as it is unforgettable
.

My Thoughts:

Through The Ever Night was a great second book for Veronica Rossi, it didn't have the feel that many middle books do and I really enjoyed learning more about each of the characters and I felt like they really made some progress in each of their adventures. The book was really split between Aria and Perry, unfortunately they really didn't spend much of their time together but, I really like the changes while reading getting to see how each character was doing in their part of the story.

Aria and Perry both have the same mission, they need to find the Still Blue, although maybe not for the same reasons, they are both doing it for people that they care about. Aria has became tougher and has really become an "outsider", she has harnessed her ability even more and I loved seeing how much stronger she was becoming and where she was going for the future. When Aria and Perry get to meet up again it's not the reunion that they both were hoping for, Perry is now the Tide's Blood Lord and he as responsibilities now that can't be neglected no matter how much he would like to just be with Aria. He convinces Aria to come back with him to the tribe, that they are going to find the Still Blue together. But, the tribe doesn't take to Aria as much as Perry hoped despite her being one of them in my opinion and the fact that she is an Aud, I really felt for Perry he was the leader of the tribe and he wanted to be with Aria you could tell the inner dilemma he was facing. He felt like he was being questioned left and right from the tribe, wondering if he could lead them the way his brother and father did before them. Bringing Aria into the picture definitely did not help Perry with instilling confidence of his leadership from the tribe. Also, there was so much more Roar and we also finally got to meet Liv. As I said in my Under the Never Sky review, Roar is my favorite character, he always makes me smile and sometimes I enjoy reading about him more than I do Perry. Aria has to make many hard decision that showed how much stronger she has become and how much she really cares for Perry and what she is willing to do to save Talon for him. Liv was someone that I was immediately fascinated by as soon as she came into the book. She is the first "outsider" girl that we really get to see a lot of and she, just like Roar became someone I loved reading about. Getting to see how  quickly her and Aria form a relationship was amazing and I couldn't wait to see even more of the two of them together.

Through The Ever Night, was such a great read that I almost enjoyed it more than the first book, it was full of action and adventure and I really felt like the plot developed and it never felt like it was dragging on or at stand still at any point. The ending was definitely action packed and left you wondering what was to become of our beloved characters without leaving you on a complete cliff hanger but, don't get me wrong I still can't wait to see what happens next.

Overall, if you enjoyed Under The Never Sky, you will most definitely enjoy this book also. Although their wasn't new faces I really felt like we got to see everything I was hoping to get from this second book. There was some surprising allies and also a few surprises along the way that broke my heart. Everything I could have asked for from Rossi and more!

Want some more thoughts, Check out some awesome fellow blogger's reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...