Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA Day 1


Design credit: Nina of Nina Reads

I am so excited to be particpating in Armchair bea for the first time, I am a new blogger and I have heard so much about bea, since I can't go be a part of the one in New York this is the next best thing! To kick off the first day, each blogger participating is answering a few questions so we can all get to know one another.  Here are mine:

1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?

My name is Kristin and I am a college student. I have only been blogging for three months and I have fallen in love with it! I read all the time and I am always recommending  books and telling my friends and family all about them. I figured, why not tell everyone else about them too.

2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?

I know what everyone is going to say, but, my favorite book so far of 2012 was The Selection by: Kiera Cass. I know so many people hated it but, I thought it was fun book, I couldn't put it down, and  I think it was one of those books that I would definitely call a guilty pleasure. 

3. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?

I would want to eat dinner with the author Richelle Mead and her character Dimitri Belikov from her series Vampire Academy. Richelle Mead is by far one of my favorite authors and I would love to get to pick her brain and see how she creates these amazing characters. Dimitri has always been my favorite man from books and I would love to get to meet him!

4.  What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?

My favorite feature on my blog is probably the Waiting on Wednesday meme, I have so much fun reading other people's posts and getting to learn about new books that are coming out and find out what other people are going to be reading. 

5. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.

I am going to college to study Healthcare Management and Become an RN, I love science and biology and studying the human body. I can't wait to be able to work with patients and help people!

Thanks for checking out my interview, hope you enjoyed learning a little bit more about me!

Kristin 

26 comments:

  1. I don't usually participate in WOW, but I love reading everyone's posts. Very interesting, and I usually add to my list! I've only read the first Vampire Academy book, but I'm planning on continuing. I really enjoyed the Selection too...

    Happy BEA! My BEA Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first Armchair BEA too! A very good choice on Richelle Mead as a dinner companion, I love her writing! BUT I would want Adrian to join her, he's my absolutely favorite man in those books :-)

    Check out my intro at my blog Breaking the Binding: http://bibliothec.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first one too! I love doing my Waiting On Wednesday posts, it's such a great way to find new reads every week - helps feed the addiction a bit, right? lol
    Pleasure to "meet" you! Happy reading :)

    Here's mine:
    http://bumblesandfairytales.blogspot.com/2012/06/introducing-me-armchair-bea-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I liked The Selection. It was a fun book. Best of luck with your degree and nice to meet you!

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so in awe of those who have a vocation for nursing. It's just not my strong point. I love your header by the way - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard some good things about The Selection. Guilty pleasures are oh so good!

    Happy Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was a Bio/Socio major in college so I understand the love of sciene. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh Dimitri. He's so pretty. I have heard many good things about The Selection as well but there was a good bit of author controversy as well so that kind of put me off.

    Nursing is such a great pursuit. My Mom is a nurse but I have absolutely no aptitude for science at all.

    Have a lovely BEA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing wrong with a guilty pleasure. I want to read The Selection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by to read my BEA post! Three months will quickly turn into three years - enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You want to study about the body, and I want to study about the brain!! So cool!! :D :D In fact I was conteplaining with who to go to dinner and Richelle was my first pick, but then I remembered Jennifer L. Armentrout who suddenly became favourite author, too (Um, no mistake, she is sharing the first place with Richelle!! ;P) Because Richelle is the best! AND DIMITRI <3 <3 How much I cried. It was a year and a half ago but it feels like yesterday when I finished the last page of Shadow Kiss. OMG. And Blood Promise was just.. beyond words. It was pure magic. I wish I could read it for the first time again. Instead I know it by memory, lol :P Great introduction post!! :) Hope to see you around this week :) (well, also after this week) hehe ;) Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I always wish I could reread my favorite books like it was the first time, I cried too, I have to admit though I am a crier lol

      Delete
  12. Meeting Dimitri would be pretty stellar. I only recently heard about the fuss over The Selection but I still want to read it regardless.

    Good to meet you and hope to see you around again at Armchair BEA.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Blogging is fabulous isn't it? Pretty soon you won't be able to imagine how you lived life before it! Hehe.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, Kristen! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't know what everyone is going to say... what was it?

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's nice to see you joining in with Armchair BEA even with being new-ish to blogging. =)

    The Selection was so much fun, I totally loved it... good choice!

    Here's my post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi *waves*
    I have only being blogging for about hat long, if not less. Are you enjoying it? My favourite meme is waiting on wednesday too and i'm actually starting that on my blog this week :) I think it's great with your studies etc, i am a midwife :) I need to read The Selection- it is on my TBR list, hope you enjoy this week
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am enjoying blogging so far, I feel like their is so many things that I need to improve but, I hope I am only getting better, being a midwife sounds awesome!

      Delete
  17. I don't think I could eat anything if Dimitri was at my dinner table...I would be just staring at him, which would not be attractive, lol!!

    Nice to meet you Kristin:D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. How awesome, good luck with your studies!
    Yeah, sharing the book love is a great reason for book blogging, totally agree. I love meme-s too, they're absolutely great. You get to meet new people, or revisit the ones you already know, find out new things about them, get new titles on your to-read list...making it 1000+ titles... yeah, great stuff :D

    Glad to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE how many new bloggers I'm finding through Armchair BEA - and I LOVE how pretty your blog is! I hope you have a wonderful week!

    Donna (Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dave)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how many people are participating in Armchair BEA that you can get to know even better and follow, as well. It's so much fun, how it brings all of us together with similar or common interests.

    Richelle Mead is a pretty amazing author, I love her Vampire Academy series even though she broke my poor Adrian's heart. Grr...ARRGGHH!! lol. ;)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    Armchair Bea Introudction @ A Soul Unsung
    susanhaugland@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that you picked a non-fav as your fav. I value that honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the Waiting on Wednesday meme too, but I don't participate as often as I should. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...