Sunday, June 3, 2012

Review: Sovereign Hope (Hope #1) By: Frankie Rose



Title: Sovereign Hope ( Hope #1)
Author: Frankie Rose 
Published: July 1st 2012
My Rating: 4 out of 5 star
Goodreads Summary:

Everyone has a soul

Some are just worth more than others

Farley Hope was seventeen when her mother disappeared. In the last six months not much has changed, except that her eighteenth birthday came and went and still no sign of Moira. Her life is just as complicated as it always was. Since her father died in a car crash before she was even born, she’s officially parentless, and to top it all off she’s still suffering from the hallucinations. Mind-splitting, vivid hallucinations- the kind prone to induce night terrors and leave you whimpering under your covers like a baby.

The last thing on her mind is boys. Farley is on break from St. Judes’ when she meets Daniel. It’s not some casual run in at a party, or even a blind date with friends, though. Daniel is the guy following her in his 1970′s Dodge Charger; the guy standing at her window in the LA lunch hour traffic, trying to persuade her to leave everything behind and follow him. And he's hot as all hell.

The moment Farley lays eyes on Daniel, everything changes. He is cold and withdrawn, but there are cracks in his harsh veneer- cracks that betray the secrets he is trying so hard to hide. Farley is drawn into a world that will shake apart everything she thought she ever knew. There are truths out there that she must learn: that a person’s soul is their only real currency, and there are people who would do anything to take hers; that loving someone can hurt so much more than hating them; but, most importantly, when your future is predestined, there is little you can do to change it.

Farley Hope is prophesied.

Her coming has been awaited for hundreds of years.

She is destined to end the tyranny of the Soul Reavers.

To do so she must die.

My Thoughts:

First of all, a huge thank you to Frankie Rose who gave me the opportunity to read and review her book, which I am so glad that I did because I really enjoyed it. Sovereign Hope is one of those books that takes you on a journey an when you are done, you really feel like you have been on a crazy ride. My first impression was ooh, I love this cover and it really drew me in and got me interested in the book. 

This story was definitely not like most of other YA reads out there I felt that the plot was something new and different, something we haven't seen before which was awesome and I was immediately captivated by the world that Frankie Rose was creating. The story jumps right into action from the very start. We meet our main character Farley Hope. Farley was just your average seventeen year old girl until her mother mysteriously disappeared one day by walking out of work and never returning, leaving Farley all on her own. I immediately knew that Farley was going to be one tough girl, she was completely on her own and she wasn't just going to let her mother's disappearance fall by the wayside. She was calling the police as much as possible and asking about her mother's case constantly making sure that anything new they found she would know about. But, Farley's whole entire life changes when she meets Daniel. Sitting in traffic in L.A. (which I have heard is horrible lol) driving to hang up missing posters of her mom, she is approached by a super hot guy (Daniel), who then proceeds to tell her she is being followed and she needs to go with him. Now, I don't know about you guys but, if I was in this situation I would think this guy was crazy, your mother had already disappeared and some stranger wants you to go with him, I don't think so. Until she see's that Daniel is right and there are a bunch of men coming after her. 

The villains of the story are the Reavers, immortal people who have a whole civilization underneath the streets of the city. Reavers, get their powers from taking people's life force or energy, I really enjoyed learning about them and the secrets behind their society and how Farley was involved in the whole story. Next, onto Daniel, I loved him so much because he was just your typical guy, he loved cars and building engines. The interactions between him and Farley had me laughing out loud with each of them handing sarcastic quips back and forth to each other, pretending that they both weren't attracted to t the other ( a total guy thing in my opinion), pretend you don't like a girl by being mean to her. But, as the story progressed you learn more about Daniel and his and Farley's relationship grew and changed with the plot. 

Overall, this was a great read!, it had a little bit of something for everyone, action and adventure, romance, and a strong female lead. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys paranormal stories and someone who hasn't read paranormal, because although the villains were not vampires or werewolves, it still had the same type of feel I get when I read those books. Definitely check it out! 

Happy Reading!
Kristin

Check out the book trailer!
 

6 comments:

  1. Wow! great review!! I'll be reading this book soon, too! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kristin!

    Oh, this was a very interesting review! You made some excellent points in it, yet didn't include too many spoilers. I haven't heard of this book before, but thanks to what you've written here, I know I'll be adding this one to my TBR!

    Oh, and by the way, thank you so much for dropping by and commenting on my review of Andrea Cremer's "Nightshade"! I sure hope you do read it. I think you'll love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the awesome review. i haven't heard of this book before and it sounds like something I would really enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! This sounds like a good book, I added it to my huge TBR :)

    Have a great day & happy reading!

    Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristin....I'm a new follower of your blog....:) Tina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...