Thursday, June 21, 2012

What's Next (4)









I am so excited to be participating in a new meme every Thursday hosted  by Iceybooks, this meme is designed to help us bloggers get some help from our reader's on what to read next, so every week I will post 3 books that I am trying to decide between and you guys can vote on which one you think that I should read next. Cast your vote through the poll at the bottom of this post.

Happy Reading!
Kristin



My 3 choices for this week are:

 The White Oak (Imperfect Darkness #1) By: Kim White
Goodreads Summary:


n The White Oak, the first book in the Imperfect Darkness series, Cora Alexander is pulled through a sinkhole and enters the underworld still alive. Her living presence threatens the tyrannical rule of Minos and the Infernal Judges who have hijacked the afterlife and rebuilt it, trapping human souls in a mechanical, computer-controlled city that lies at the core of the earth. To survive, Cora must rely on her untrustworthy guide, Minotaur, an artificial intelligence. She is helped by a mysterious voice, and by Sybil, underworld librarian and author of each person’s book of life. When Cora’s own book is destroyed, Sybil gives her a golden pen and sends her into the City to begin writing her own destiny. Along the way, she reunites with the ghost of her dead brother, Lucas, a genius programmer who alone is capable of finding the chink in Minos armor. This fast-paced adventure begins, and ends, in the middle of the action; introducing the characters, themes, and mysteries that find their resolution later in the series.


 Dancergirl (WiHi #1) By: Carol M. Tanzman 
Goodreads Summary:


Ever feel like someone's watching you? Me, too. But lately it's been happening in my room.
When I'm alone.
A friend posted a video of me dancing online, and now I'm no longer Alicia Ruffino. I'm dancergirl. And suddenly it's like me against the world.— everyone's got opinions.
My admirers want more, the haters hate, my best friend Jacy,— even he's acting weird. And some stalker isn't content to just watch anymore.
Ali. Dancergirl. Whatever you know me as, however you've seen me online, I've trained my whole life to be the best dancer I can be. But if someone watching has their way, I could lose way more than just my love of dancing. I could lose my life.

 The Goddess Test (The Goddess Test #1) By: Aimee Carter
Goodreads Summary:


EVERY GIRL WHO HAS TAKEN THE TEST HAS DIED.

NOW IT'S KATE'S TURN.

It's always been just Kate and her mom--and her mother is dying. Her last wish? To move back to her childhood home. So Kate's going to start at a new school with no friends, no other family and the fear that her mother won't live past the fall.

Then she meets Henry. Dark. Tortured. And mesmerizing. He claims to be Hades, god of the Underworld--and if she accepts his bargain, he'll keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests.

Kate is sure he's crazy--until she sees him bring a girl back from the dead. Now saving her mother seems crazily possible. If she suceeds, she'll become Henry's future bride and a goddess.

IF SHE FAILS...



What Should I read next?
The White Oak
Dancergirl
The Goddess Test
Create your own poll with LearnMyself

5 comments:

  1. I love how you embedded a little poll in your post- that's so neat! I may have to try that out next week. I voted for The Goddess Test. It was a really fun read that I enjoyed, even though I didn't love it. But I think that you would really like it! =)

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted for The Goddess Test. :) I really enjoyed it! I loved it so much, I had to hurry and buy Goddess Interrupted...but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Goddess Test. I heard so many good things about it. Enjoy

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=1829

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Goddess Test sounds great, but Dancergirl is a good read as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...