Friday, June 15, 2012

Review: Someone Else's Fairytale By: Emily Mah Tippetts



 Title: Someone Else's Fairytale
Author: Emily Mah Tippetts
Published:  December 6, 2011
My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars
Goodreads Summary:

Jason Vanderholt, Hollywood's hottest actor, falls head over heels for every girl, Chloe Winters, who hasn't gotten around to watching most of his movies. She becomes the woman every other woman in America is dying to be, but it just isn't her fairytale.



"Imaginative and well crafted, Someone Else's Fairytale is one of the best stories I've read. You'll fall in love with the characters and have your own delightful 'fairytale good feeling' when you finish it. Novel Rocket and I give it a high recommendation." Ane Mulligan, VP and Senior Editor, Novel Rocket

"It had love, hate, heartache, friendship, mystery, and intrigue. Something important I learned was we shouldn't stand by watching others fairytales come true, we need to begin our own. What better time than the present?" N. Colleen Peterson, For the Love of Books

"The characters were great, the storyline was perfect, I really loved the entire thing ...Someone Else's Fairytale totally made it into my Top 5 Books read in 2011." S. Asbridge, Reviewing What I'm Reading

My Thoughts:

 I would first like to thank Emily Mah Tippetts for giving me the opportunity to review her book.

I absolutely loved this book! When I first read the summary for this book, I thought that it was such an awesome idea, what girl doesn't dream of meeting a Hollywood actor and having a chance at love ( My dream would be Ryan Gosling, Robert Pattinson, or Channing Tatum *swoon*, so guys if your reading this call me! lol) Someone Else's Fairytale is every girl's dream, I had a great time reading this one.

We first get to meet our main character Chloe Winters, she is just your normal college girl living in Albuquerque, New Mexico. At the request of her roommate Lori, Chloe and their friend Matthew go to their college to be extras in a Hollywood movie that is shooting in their town, the star being a man named Jason Vanderholdt who is one of the hottest actors around. Chloe is not into Jason whatsoever, she hadn't watched any of his movies and wasn't interested in screaming and fainting at the sight of him, unlike her roommate. As Jason walks by Chloe and her friends on set, he recognizes her resemblance to her brother and sister, he grew up in Albuquerque and went to school with them. Chloe is not impressed by him one bit. Slowly but surely Chloe and Jason begin a friendship,  and so many things happen in between that I don't want to ruin for you guys but, we will just say that it was so adorable it made me smile, and it definitely was a fairytale.

So many things about this book I loved, Chloe was one of those main characters that I feel like everybody can relate to, she had hard times and some definite trials that she had to overcome in her life and reading about some of the things that she had to go through broke my heart and brought tears to my eyes. Chloe is a strong and independent woman who wasn't going to just let some Hollywood actor waltzes into her life and give her everything and pay for everything, I loved that about her. She didn't care about his fame and money, she pretty much hated it, she didn't want him to buy her things or to be seen on the covers of the tabloids or seen by the paparazzi. Chloe and Jason's relationship as friends and as something more progressed so realistically, I really  believed everything about the two of them. Of course, I loved Jason Vanderholdt, he was such a genuine person and he wanted nothing more than to be with Chloe, he was just so sweet and endearing and reading the two them together kept making me smile throughout the whole book. He also had an awesome family who we learn about throughout the book and Chloe becomes very close to, everything about this book I honestly loved!

Overall, this book was a fast read (maybe because I couldn't put it down) I found myself going through so many different emotions as I was reading this book, smiling at Jason, laughing at Jason and Chloe's conversations, and tears when I had to learn about Chloe's past. I felt everything while reading, in my opinion a good book gives you all emotions and this one definitely gave me that and so much more. This book was sweet and endearing and I was disappointed when I got to the end, I just wanted to keep reading about Chloe and Jason because they were absolutely adorable. Anyone who loves a good fairytale, which I mean who doesn't? will absolutely love this one, it's a modern day love story for any modern day girl, Check it out! I know you will love it just as much as I did!

Happy Reading!
Kristin

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I have never heard anything about this novel but it sounds really great! I love reading light and fun reads for a change. I'm not that into contemporary novels but after reading your review I think I would enjoy this one. Will certainly check it out :)

    Great review!

    Rachel @ Books to Consider

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it! Thanks for your comment, I haven't really liked reading contemporary but, I have read some good ones.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...