Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, that highlights upcoming book releases that everyone is waiting on.

This weeks selection is:
 Title: Renegade (Elysium-Chronicles #1)
Author: J.A. Souders
Published: November 13, 2012
Goodreads Summary:


Since the age of three, sixteen-year-old Evelyn Winters has been trained to be Daughter of the People in the underwater utopia known as Elysium. Selected from hundreds of children for her ideal genes all her life she’s thought that everything was perfect; her world. Her people. The Law.

But when Gavin Hunter, a Surface Dweller, accidentally stumbles into their secluded little world, she’s forced to come to a startling realization: everything she knows is a lie. Her memories have been altered. Her mind and body aren’t under her own control. And the person she knows as Mother is a monster.

Together with Gavin she plans her escape, only to learn that her own mind is a ticking time bomb... and Mother has one last secret that will destroy them all.


My Thoughts:

This book sounds so good, I love the idea of an underwater utopia! I can't wait to see what it's like!
What are you waiting for this week?

Happy Reading!
Kristin  

21 comments:

  1. Nice pick! I think I've added this one to my To-Read list as well. This book didn't catch my interest straight away, but I've been giving a lot of books a try this year and ended up really enjoying them!

    - Kim
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love these sorts of stories! Can't wait to read this now :)
    -Laura
    http://whats--hot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!! Seeing this around a bit and it does have me intrigued! Might still wait for reviews to trickle in before I get it though!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! The synopsis has me intrigued, is it a mermaid Utopia? Or just an underwater Utopia? Either way, it sounds like a very unique take!

    Kim @ A Dutchie on Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen of this book around before :D It sounds like it'll be interesting! Great Pick!

    My WOW. have a nice day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS ONE! Excuse the caps, but it sounds SO GOOD. It's been on my TBR for ages. SO MUCH LOVE! :D

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to read this one too, it sounds really good! Great Pick! :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, this book sounds like a great pick! Thanks for sharing and stopping by my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds interesting! I'm looking forward to seeing reviews. I like the idea of a little world created under water.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I saw this on GoodReads a week or so ago and thought it sounded wonderful :-) I love books based under water. I can't wait to start reading reviews of it, and hope that it's as good as it sounds!

    Thank you for stopping by my WoW earlier! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what an intriguing story! I'd never heard of this book before. Definitely going to add it to my wishlist!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this was my pick a few weeks ago. It really sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds awesome - added it! Thanks for visiting my blog earlier Kristin!

    New follower. :)

    What I'm Reading

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think an underwater world will be cool. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome pick that I am going to have to check out!


    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    My WoW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2102

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting. An underwater utopia is definitely a unique concept. Beautiful cover!

    Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews
    http://feministfairytalereviews.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-20-care-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice pick! I've heard of the author, but not the book. It looks good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds really interesting. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always mean to mark this down on my wish list and then forget. I'm going to go straight to the list though and add it for sure this time because it just looks too good to miss! Excellent choice!

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! This book looks wonderful and I had never even heard of it! Thanks for sharing!

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey's

    ReplyDelete
  21. This book sounds amazing! I can't wait to get a copy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...