Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Armchair BEA Day 2: Genre Fiction

Design credit: Nina of Nina Reads
 
 
Today is day 2 of Armchair BEA and I am talking about genre fiction, when I first started blogging I was a lot less genre read then I am now or at least I would like to think that I am, I have read so many more different genres that I probably wouldn't have picked up if it wasn't for all of the great reviews I get to read all of the time. I have a hard time choosing my favorite genre, I do love dystopians a lot but, the YA market has seemed so flooded that I have been a little bit overwhelmed by the amount of them that I am reading. So, I am just gonna talk a bit about each genre and give some great recommendations of books from each genre that I enjoyed.

The first genre that I am surprised to say that I have really enjoyed is high fantasy, I have to admit that I had never read any of this genre before I started blogging and I didn't really think that I would enjoy this genre but, I really have, and my top two favorite high fantasies are: 



















Like I said above I really love dystopians, their is endless possibility when it comes to these types of books and thats what I love and getting to read how each author takes their own future world and puts a spin on it, it was really hard to choose my favorite dystopian but, here is a few I love:


















I have to admit that I am not a huge contemporary romance fan but, I am becoming  more of a fan of certain books but,  I am really picky, I don't usually enjoy the books that are filled with issues and such but, I really enjoy lighthearted contemporary reads.



































Last but not least, is paranormal romance, now this genre is widespread and is kind of the genre I use to define books that don't fit into the above categories, they have so many different aspects and can  be different from each other, but they are definitely some amazing books and many of my all time favorite books hail from this genre.




















































9 comments:

  1. thanks for opening my reading horizon: I basically no knowing of these 3 genres. stuck into HF right now

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry must get tired with too many comments: I meant I know nothing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you...way too much dystopian and paranormal in the YA genre. Now, there is a new genre-New Adult. I can't keep up, so I get to enjoy a morsel from the reviews I read. Since I can't read everything, I get to get a glimpse from fellow bloggers;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Crewel too! High fantasy, paranormal, all of that's good within YA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recommendations! I've read some of your favorites and I'll add the rest to my To Be Read list. My go-to favorites are paranormal and contemporaries, but there are some books in each YA genre that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely right there with you in regards to Dystopians. They just have so many possibilities it is hard getting bored you know??

    Here's my Post on Genre Fiction from yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll add a few of these to my list. But it's hard to read when I'm writing so maybe once book 2 is done I can take a breather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Graceling and Divergent are freaking AWESOME! They're some of my favourite books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't a big fan of contemporaries but here in the last year or so, I've given them another chance, and they're quickly becoming some of my favorites. Those two you listed included.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...