Saturday, May 4, 2013

Review: Unraveled By : S.X. Bradley






Title: Unraveled
Author: S.X. Bradley
Source: Given by author for honest review
My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars!
Published:   February 8th, 2013
 Goodreads Summary:

Sixteen year old math whiz, Autumn, spends her days reading about serial killers and dreaming of becoming an FBI Profiler. She never dreams her first case will be so personal. Her world is shattered when she comes home from school and discovers her murdered sister’s body on the living room floor. When the initial evidence points to a burglary gone wrong, Autumn challenges the police’s theory because of the personal nature of the crime. Thinking that finding the killer will bring her family back together, she conducts her own investigation using her affinity for math and forensics, but her plan backfires and her obsession with the case further splinters her family.

When her investigation reveals the killer is someone she knows, Autumn offers herself up as bait and sets a dangerous trap to unmask his true nature and to obtain a confession for her sister’s murder.

My Thoughts:

Unraveled was a really interesting read and I definitely enjoyed it, if you are a fan of crime shows and mystery solving then there is no way you wouldn't want to read this one. Bradley has created a great character in Autumn that is everything you want, she is strong and determined, and intelligent, she won't give up until her sisters murderer is found and  I couldn't help but feel the same way.
Autumn is a certified math genius and her one dream is to go to MIT and become an FBI profiler, she is forever changed after one day she comes home to find her sister murdered, devastated but determined she is going to use her genius skills to find out who did this to her sister,  but along her journey for justice Autumn finds even more than she ever expects to find. 

I hoped that I would enjoy this book because I love watching crime shows and get interested in how they find things out the way they do and following the mystery get solved. I definitely got what I was looking for with this book, Autumn takes a different approach to solving the crime then you usually see not just following clues around until she found something out but, she used her awesome math skills and really interested me while doing it.

The other aspect that  I really enjoyed was Autumn's family, they were a huge and close Latino family and you really felt that throughout the entire book, you felt for everything that they were going through and I also understood how each person fit into their family and how important Autumn's sister Celeste was to each one of them. 

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this book, it may sound like it might be a bit of a depressing read but, it didn't read that way at all, there was romance and family, tough issues with dealing with loss, and I enjoyed every bit of it. I was really surprised with so many of the things that happened in the book,  as soon  as I h ad guessed anything I ended up being completely wrong  and it definitely kept me on the edge of my seat and into the mystery of it all. If you are looking for a contemporary with a mix of mystery I definitely recommend this one!

Looking for more thoughts on Unraveled? Check out the links below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...