Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books/Authors I am thankful for

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish


This week is my list of books and authors that I am thankful for!


1. Richelle Mead

I love Richelle Mead, she is one of my all time favorite authors and I know that when I pick up one of her books I will completely fall in love with the story. Her YA books and her adult books are both amazing.


2. The Twilight Saga and Stephanie Meyer

I am thankful for Stephanie and her  books because they are what got me back into reading again. It also got me back into YA books which made me so excited to read and brought me to where I am today!

3. Michelle Hodkin and her Mara Dyer Trilogy

I am absolutely in love with Michelle and her writing. It has been such a long time since I had read a book that kept me like these two did. I couldn't get enough of them. I also would like to marry Noah Shaw, he has become one of my favorite book boyfriends and I could read about him all day long!

4. Suzanne Collins and The Hunger Games Series 

I love what The Hunger Games books have done for books and reading in general. I am so thankful that they have given people a reason to read and I can only hope that with all the movie to book adaptations that are coming up in 2013 it keeps on going like this!

5. All of the self published authors that have given me the chance to review their books!

I have to give a shout out to some of the amazing authors who I have had the pleasure of getting to know and read their work, thank you so much for what you do!

6.  Cassandra Clare

Another one of my favorite authors, I am in the process of reading her Infernal Devices, and it is just as amazing as The Mortal Instruments. I am beyond excited for the release of the City of Bones movie, and I can't wait to read anything and everything that she writes!

7. Lois Duncan

When I was growing up I was a total book devourer and my parents eventually only let me get books from the library because they just couldn't afford to buy me books as fast as I could read. After going to the library one day I picked up one of her books and I read them all within a week. They were creepy and awesome, she definitely helped me be the book junkie I am today.





4 comments:

  1. The Evolution of Mara Dyer is on my list, too. (: Who wouldn't want to marry Noah Shaw? haha

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mara!! I LOVE Mara and Noah and Michelle! Those are some incredible books. Great list!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you included self-published books. I completely agree. And I love so many of these authors.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your list! Yeah for Richelle Mead and Suzanne Collin! I'm also glad to see self-published authors because they are amazing people.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...