Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday!



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, that highlights upcoming book releases that everyone is waiting on.

This weeks selection is:





Title: Born of Illusion Goodreads
Author: Teri Brown
Published: June 11th, 2013
Goodreads Summary:

 Anna Van Housen is thirteen the first time she breaks her mother out of jail. By sixteen she’s street smart and savvy, assisting her mother, the renowned medium Marguerite Van Housen, in her stage show and séances, and easily navigating the underground world of magicians, mediums and mentalists in 1920’s New York City. Handcuffs and sleight of hand illusions have never been much of a challenge for Anna. The real trick is keeping her true gifts secret from her opportunistic mother, who will stop at nothing to gain her ambition of becoming the most famous medium who ever lived. But when a strange, serious young man moves into the flat downstairs, introducing her to a secret society that studies people with gifts like hers, he threatens to reveal the secrets Anna has fought so hard to keep, forcing her to face the truth about her past. Could the stories her mother has told her really be true? Could she really be the illegitimate daughter of the greatest magician of all?

Born of Illusion is the first book in a new series. Each book in the series will introduce a new historical figure, whose legend is shrouded in magic, along with the young woman whose fate is irrevocably tied to his. The through line in each of the books will be The Ghost Club, the real life secret society that was founded in 1862 by the likes of Charles Dickens, Sir Conan Doyle, and W. B. Yeats to advance mankind’s knowledge of the paranormal. The first three books in the series will deal with Houdini, Aleister Crowley and Rasputin.


My Thoughts: 

I have to admit that I am not a huge historical fiction fan but, this book sounds so good! I cannot wait to read this one, maybe it will change my mind on historical fiction! What are you waiting on this week?  

 

8 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of this one! Looks awesome!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT THIS!! I am so mezmerized by this cover and so excited that it's about Houdini's supposed daughter and that it's set in the 20s!! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pick!!
    This cover is amazing, and I love historical fiction :)
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover is really intriguing, I love how it captures you! I love the sound of it. Right up my street! :D Great Pick!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, this looks like SO much fun! I love fictional books that deal with real-life people and places. This is definitely being added to my "must read" list!

    Best,
    Danielle
    http://thereaderscommute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so good! I just added it to my TBR list if only June wasn't so far away! Great pick =D

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I. KNOW. RIGHT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACK. Nice pick today Kristin!
    XOXO, Inky!
    PS. Thanks for visiting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sound of this with the tie-ins of the Ghost Club throughout the series.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...