Friday, December 7, 2012

Review: The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2) By: Michelle Hodkin



Title: The Evolution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #2)
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Published: October 23rd, 2012
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars! 2012 favorite!
Goodreads Summary:

Mara Dyer once believed she could run from her past.

She can’t.

She used to think her problems were all in her head.

They aren’t.

She couldn’t imagine that after everything she’s been through, the boy she loves would still be keeping secrets.

She’s wrong.

In this gripping sequel to The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the truth evolves and choices prove deadly. What will become of Mara Dyer next?

My Thoughts:

I am seriously in love with this trilogy, this book was even better then the first one and it had everything that I was hoping to read and find out about Mara and her story. I will admit that Noah Shaw is my top book boyfriend. I loved this one more than the first because we finally got an answer to some of the burning questions I had inside me from the first book and I just absolutely loved this entire book.

The first thing that had me so excited in this book was Jamie is back! I really enjoyed him in the first book and I was disappointed that he was only in the first book for about half and then he disappeared. He is great comic relief and I also like the fact that he is the opposite of Noah, he definitely adds to the book and I loved him just as much in this one as the first one. 

Hodkin kept to what worked so well in unbecoming going in this one also, the mixture of horror, romance, and suspense kept me up all night turning the pages I couldn't wait to find out what happened next. We really got to see more about Mara and her powers and things started to become a lot clearer, I didn't feel as lost and confused as I did in the first one. I enjoyed this aspect because it felt like you were in on the secret. 

Overall, this book was one amazing read! I have to say that the ending left me in awe and dying for the next book. I have  decided that I am in denial of this ending and I will not think about it until the next book. It killed me, if you enjoyed the first book you will definitely love this one as well. I even think that people who may not have loved the first  book will enjoy this one because there is less romance and a lot more of what left everyone confused and wondering in the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...