Saturday, December 8, 2012

Review: Meant To Be By: Lauren Morrill



Title: Meant To Be
Author: Lauren Morrill
Published:  November 13th, 2012
My Rating: 5 out of 5 stars! 2012 favorite!
Goodreads Summary:

Meant to be or not meant to be . . . that is the question.

It's one thing to fall head over heels into a puddle of hazelnut coffee, and quite another to fall for the—gasp—wrong guy. Straight-A junior Julia may be accident prone, but she's queen of following rules and being prepared. That's why she keeps a pencil sharpener in her purse and a pocket Shakespeare in her, well, pocket. And that's also why she's chosen Mark Bixford, her childhood crush, as her MTB ("meant to be").

But this spring break, Julia's rules are about to get defenestrated (SAT word: to be thrown from a window) when she's partnered with her personal nemesis, class-clown Jason, on a school trip to London. After one wild party, Julia starts receiving romantic texts . . . from an unknown number! Jason promises to help discover the identity of her mysterious new suitor if she agrees to break a few rules along the way. And thus begins a wild goose chase through London, leading Julia closer and closer to the biggest surprise of all: true love.

Because sometimes the things you least expect are the most meant to be
.

My Thoughts:

I completely adored this book! It was just a fun and cute contemporary that reminds you that life doesn't care about your plans. I laughed and smiled and was reminded of high school and first loves, it just gave me such a great feeling while I was reading it. The setting is London which just added to my love for the book, it made me want to go there and explore just like Julia did.

Julia is on a class trip to London and it has always been her dream to visit England. her parents had their honeymoon there and she was determined to see all the magic that the country had to offer. Julia is a girl after my own heart, a book lover and to her classmates her nickname was "Book Licker" She doesn't have any other friends on this trip but, she has guide books full of sticky notes to keep her busy. But, with the addition of a trip buddy, Jason he opens her up to all kinds of adventure and fun that she never see's coming. Julia has always known her MTB (meant to be) was Mark Bixford since their Kindergarten wedding. Jason scoffs at the idea of true love and is determined to show  Julia that there is no such thing. 

I really loved Julia's trip buddy Jason, I have read some reviews that said Jason was annoying but, to me he was just your typical teenage boy, and they can sometimes be annoying and they don't understand girls, and they mess around and like to be the center of attention by being the class clown.

Overall, this book was a great contemporary read. I haven't read many contemps because they just don't usually interest me but, this one was great and it was refreshing for me coming from this genre. If you enjoy a great story that was an easy and quick read then, you will definitely enjoy this one. Have you guys read any contemps that are like this one? let me know because I would love to check them out!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe I haven't been around many teenage boys lately (or definitely because that would be weird) but I did find Jason super annoying and that drove down my rating of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also adored the book. it was cute and fun! got 4stars from me :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...